- S. Matsui and K. Cai, "Usability aware secret protection with minimum cost", Nonlinear Analysis and Hybrid Systems, vol. 43, Dec. 2021. Online: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1751570X21001011
- K. Cai, A. Giua, and C. Seatzu, "Consistent reduction in discrete-event systems", Automatica, vol. 142, Aug. 2022. Online: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2022.110333
- Z. Ma and K. Cai, "Optimal secret protections in discrete-event systems", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 2816-2828, Jun. 2021. Online: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9464642
- Networked robotic systems for industrial automation
- Distributed control of multi-agent discrete-event systems
- Supervisory control of discrete-event systems
- Cooperative control of networked multi-agent systems
- Complex networks and cybersecurity
K. Cai and Z. Lin, "Directed Cooperation of Multi-Agent Systems", Kindle Direct Publishing 2023.
W.M. Wonham and K. Cai, "Supervisory Control of Discrete-Event Systems", Springer 2019.
K. Cai and W.M. Wonham, "Supervisor localization", Springer 2016.